Wednesday, January 24, 2007

LOST..IN TRANSLATION!!

LOST.....









Ok guys...I think that this picture can really sum up our first trips around the valley by our new cars! Actually we never got lost so far, but maps and google have become our best friends!!!



SO, just to thank our friend, namely Google, we went there yesterday to have a look to this "good giant" ...well, everyone knows it's a real giant by now and it is great to think how quickly they were able to create such a big company: from Siliconvalley you can really conquer the world!!



Beside this, it has been really intesting to talk with Joe, a very smart guy from the sales group, who has explained us the succesfull vision ruling in Google. First of all -DEMOCRACY- that is, every single decision concerning the company, comes from a democratic opinion survey, than, INNOVATION and, most of all, the aim to develop each employee's CREATIVITY. Great!







GOOGLE is our friend!



As to me, last Friday I met my mentor, Mr Brian Neider. Mr Neider is Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Electronic Arts Worldwide Studios and is an alumni of Santa Clara University. I met a very kind and helpful person who gave me a lot of suggestions about my stay here and my future. Than, I had the opportunity to visit EA studios, so funny...it seemed to be in a living videogame!!



EA STUDIOS in REDWOOD CITY




.....IN TRANSLATION


I go on making poor showings around because of my English...last week I told to a guy that he seemed a "turkey" instead of "turkish" (from Turky)!!!! anyone helping me!?!



Yours,


Elizabeth

2 comments:

Gaetano Pellicano said...

That's great!! How did you get in contact with Google? Do you have any idea on companies that may host your internship?

Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

ue raga, mi ha passato questo blog Leanna Christie, sono laureata dal programma MBA (2003) di SCU e adesso lavoro a Milano.

I hope you guys enjoy your time on the SCU campus - it sounds like you have a great opportunity to study there.

Let me know if I can help in some way.